|Airdate||September 3, 2012|
|Guest Stars|| Sharon Sachs as Harper|
Kevin Shinick as Ryan Gilko
Danny Bruno as Bud
Robert Blanche as Franco
|Previous||"Bad Moon Rising"|
|Next||"The Good Shepherd"|
"Quill" is the fourth episode of Season 2 of Grimm and the twenty-sixth episode overall. It first aired on September 3, 2012 on NBC.
While investigating an accident site, Nick comes upon a bizarre and gruesome Wesen disease that is spreading quickly. A romantic day out for Monroe and Rosalee takes a dangerous turn when they encounter an infected creature that is out for blood. Meanwhile, Captain Renard gets a tip about a dangerous foreign fugitive who’s made his way to Portland.
- (Hank): "Now how many of these what-you-call-them are there?"
- (Nick): "Wesen. They call themselves Wesen. And...I don't know how many there are. And I've seen, maybe two dozen. I've read about them a whole lot more.'"
- (Hank): "What d'you mean you read about them? You can buy a book about this?"
- (Nick): "No. Look, when my Aunt Marie came to town. She brought this bunch of stuff with her. And I sort of inherited it. My ancestors have apparently been passing this stuff down for centuries."
- (Hank): "And now you see them all the time?"
- (Nick): "Only when they're upset, pissed off...Y'know, emotional in some way."
- (Hank): "And do they know you're one of these...Grimms?"
- (Nick): "No, I think...they can sense it, when I recognize them. But I don't know for sure. My ancestors never wrote that down. They were too busy chopping off heads!"
- (Hank): "Now am I gonna be seeing them all the time now too?"
- (Nick): "I don't think so. But you never know, you just have to be ready. Y'know, if you didn't have a Grimm for a partner, I doubt you would have seen anything. But believe me, they're out there."
- (Nick): "Don't even think about it..."
- (Carl Stanton morphs into a Reinigen):
- (Nick, to Hank): "He's thinking about it."
- (Hank): "Did he do that 'change' thing?"
- (Nick): "Right before he charged at us."
- (Hank): "What d'you see?"
- (Nick): "He's called a Reinigen."
- (Hank): "What's a...Reinigen look like?"
- (Nick): "Kinda like a rat."
- (Hank): "I hate rats!"
- (Hank): "How do you do this? How do you know who's who and what's what?"
- (Nick): "Sometimes you do...sometimes you don't."
- (Hank): "That's no help!"
- (Sean): "Why is it being sent?"
- (Informant): "For the Key!"
- (Sean): "I will not let that happen!"
- (Nick): "It's Hank."
- (Monroe): "Uh-oh. Is he getting worse?"
- (Nick): "No. I told him...everything."
- (Monroe): "I'm sorry--excuse me?"
- (Nick): "He knows I'm a Grimm, and he knows about Wesen."
- (Monroe): "And he believes you?"
- (Nick): "Man, he was losing it. I don't think he had a choice anymore!"
- (Monroe): "Did you tell him about me?"
- (Hank): "Now maybe this is all 'coz he's a...ummm...? What did you call it?"
- (Nick): "It's a Reinigen."
- (Hank): "Yeah, maybe it's 'coz he's a Reinigen!"
- (Monroe): "I dunno. But whatever he's got, I think that explains why he attacked Gilko!"
- (Monroe): "We need to get a background on Stanton...Who he was...What he did...Where he been!"
- (Nick): "Look, I gotta check out some books."
- (Hank): "What books?"
- (Nick): "The stuff my ancestors wrote. Maybe they have something about this disease."
- (Nick): "I'll stick to the modern world, thank you. See what I can find out about Stanton's history."
- (Monroe): "Hey, hey, hey! That's the guy we saw at the park! He came right at me Nick! Listen, Rosalee's got it too. I think he must've scratched her, or something."
- (Nick): "Wait, Rosalee's sick?"
- (Hank, shocked): "Rosalee's one?"
- (Nick): "Yeah, she's a...she's a Fuchsbau!"
- (Hank): "Then Monroe's one?"
- (Monroe): "Yeah! Blutbad, here. Can we get into this later? I mean welcome aboard Hank. Glad we don't have to beat around the bush anymore. It's just Rosalee's in the other room, okay? And I'm just about to mix this stuff."
- (Monroe): "As long as we’re...umm... letting the Blutbad out of the bag, so to speak. I was the one who hit you in the park that day."
- (Hank): "What?"
- (Monroe): "Y'know, the 'Hunt for Bigfoot Day'?"
- (Nick): "It's true. It was him."
- (Monroe): "I didn't mean to. It's just...Larry was a really good friend of mine and...more later..."
- In "Woman in Black", Nick told Juliette that he was descended from the Grimms on his mother's side of the family; in this episode, Bud tells Juliette that Nick is a Grimm.
- The Nuckelavee did not speak and was not credited.