|Notables:|| Mr. "Hulda" Lindon|
Mamoose (Sal Butrell's great uncle)
|TV Show:|| "Pilot"|
"Of Mouse and Man"
"Leave It to Beavers"
|Referenced:|| "Bad Teeth"|
"Goodnight, Sweet Grimm"
Reapers are a society of bounty hunters dedicated to killing all Grimms.
Hulda has been tracking Marie Kessler and attacks her with a Scythe while she is explaining to Nick Burkhardt the changes coming to his life. Marie is barely holding her own when Nick assists. Hulda turns his attention to Nick, who kills him with his service weapon.
Another Reaper comes to Portland to kill Nick, and avenge his friend, he first goes to the police station looking for information about his death, as it involved a Police officer. Sergeant Wu informs him that that information is not available. He is later forced to confront Captain Renard, who orders him to leave, and slices off his ear when he doesn't listen.
Monroe is lured to an unoccupied building through the offer of some work on a clock. He sees a Wesen on a second floor balcony and is immediately attacked by two other beings. He is knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds the symbol of the Reapers, a scythe, painted on the hood of his Volkswagen.
Sal Butrell calls the reapers to have them kill Nick, as he had a great uncle named Mamoose who was one of them. The Reaper is worried about Renard finding out about him returning, but his partner says he will be expecting one reaper; not two. When they arrive in Portland they contact Sal and ambush him, knocking him unconscious. They interrogate him; eventually they find out where Nick is and follow him to "The Lodge". They ambush him but Nick is able to fight back, having brought several Grimm weapons with him. After a tough fight, Nick evades the blade and the Reaper accidentally cuts off his partner's head, angering him just when he is about to attack. Nick reaches for his crossbow and shoots him in the neck while the Reaper is distracted. Monroe comes after Nick calls him and tells him he needs to make a message. Monroe replies "two heads are better than one". He then grabs the Reaper's scythe and cuts off his head. The heads are delivered to Germany with a note saying, "next time send your best".
It appears the majority of Reapers are Hässlich. There seems to be a standard uniform, as Hässlich reapers are often clothed in a black trench coat and equipped with a hard-sided briefcase, which holds a large scythe. The Scythe is the main weapon of the reapers, as well as being their symbol. The first scythe encountered ("Pilot") carries the inscription "Erntemaschinen von den Grimms," which is supposed to mean "Reapers of the Grimms". The second scythe ("Lonelyhearts") ("Leave It to Beavers"), owned by Reaper, has the words "Vernichter der Grimms" inscribed, which is German for "Annihilators of the Grimms", suggesting that the inscription is either a Reaper's personal choice, or a symbol of the authority the Reaper owner has.
Reapers are inducted into this organization by merit of killing a Grimm, and it's implied they recruit from Wesen ranks ("Leave It to Beavers"). It seems that Reapers operate using monikers instead of their real names. Single names such as "Hulda", "Yannick", and "Junkers" have been aired; it has been revealed that Hulda was actually a moniker of a man named Mr. Lindon. ("Pilot").
- Hulda : The first Reaper encountered by Nick Burkhardt. Hulda attacked Nick and his Aunt Marie Kessler. Nick killed him, following a battle between him and Marie.
- Reaper (name unknown): Planned to kill Nick but was sent away by Captain Renard. Reappeared in "Leave It to Beavers". Nick killed him with his Doppelarmburst.
- Junkers, who appeared alongside Reaper in "Leave It to Beavers". He was killed when in a fight, Reaper accidentally cut his head of with his Scythe.
- Mamoose, the great uncle of Sal Butrell, who beheaded a Grimm in Copenhagen.
- Yannick: Apparently some sort of leader, he received Sal's summons, and sent Reaper and Junkers to kill Nick. He also received their heads when Nick sent them back to him,
- The man who called Captain Renard. ("Organ Grinder")
- The man that cut the head off of the suspected Grimm in Antwerp. ("Plumed Serpent")
- Erntemaschinen is not the correct German word for the inscription (nor 'von den' the correct grammar). What the Set artists probably meant to say was the "Sensenmann" which is a German word for the Grim Reaper. Humorously, Erntemaschine means:"Harvesting machine".