|Announced||January 28, 2011|
|Aired||October 28, 2011 - May 18, 2012|
|Executive Producers|| Marc Buckland|
|Show Runner||Alan DiFiore|
|Finale||"Woman in Black"|
|DVD Release||August 7, 2012|
Season 1 is the first season of Grimm. The pilot was picked up by NBC on January 28, 2011.
The "Pilot" first premiered on Friday, October 28, 2011 at 9/8c on NBC. The first season introduced the concept of Wesen living within some people and the Grimms being hunters of the Wesen. The Season 1 Finale "Woman in Black" was on Friday, May 18, 2012.
- David Giuntoli as Nick Burkhardt (22 episodes)
- Russell Hornsby as Hank Griffin (22 episodes)
- Bitsie Tulloch as Juliette Silverton (22 episodes)
- Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe (22 episodes)
- Sasha Roiz as Sean Renard (22 episodes)
- Reggie Lee as Wu (20 episodes)
- Claire Coffee as Adalind Schade (8 episodes)
- Bree Turner as Rosalee Calvert (5 episodes)
- Danny Bruno as Bud Wurstner (5 episodes)
- Sharon Sachs as Harper (5 episodes)
- Robert Blanche as Franco (4 episodes)
- Kate Burton as Marie Kessler (2 episodes)
- Randy Schulman as Freddy Calvert (2 episodes)
- Ayanna Berkshire as Dr. Rose (2 episodes)
- Henri Lubatti as Reaper (2 episodes)
- Kyle Vahan as John Oblinger (2 episodes)
- Casey Vann as Angry Perp/Cecil (2 episodes)
Single Episode Guest StarsEdit
- Tim Bagley as Postman ("Pilot")
- Currie Graham as Frank Rabe ("Bears Will Be Bears")
- Amy Gumenick as Gilda Darner ("Bears Will Be Bears")
- Parker Bagley as Barry Rabe ("Bears Will Be Bears")
- Alexander Mendeluk as Rocky ("Bears Will Be Bears")
- Nana Visitor as Melissa Wincroft ("Beeware")
- Patrick Fischler as Billy Capra ("Lonelyhearts")
- Nick Thurston as Roddy Geiger ("Danse Macabre")
- Judith Hoag as Mrs. Jessup ("Danse Macabre")
- Amelia Rose Blair as Sarah Jennings ("Danse Macabre")
- Brad William Henke as Hap Lasser ("The Three Bad Wolves")
- Jaime Ray Newman as Angelina Lasser ("The Three Bad Wolves")
- Daniel Roebuck as Orson ("The Three Bad Wolves")
- Claudia Christian as Mrs. Clark ("Let Your Hair Down")
- Ted Rooney as James Addison ("Let Your Hair Down")
- Eric Edelstein as Oleg Stark ("Game Ogre")
- Amanda Walsh as Natalie Haverstraw ("Of Mouse and Man")
- Fred Koehler as Martin Burgess ("Of Mouse and Man")
- Valerie Cruz as Dr. Levine ("Organ Grinder")
- Daryl Sabara as Hanson ("Organ Grinder")
- Hannah Marks as Gracie ("Organ Grinder")
- Amy Acker as Lena Marcinko ("Tarantella")
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Ryan Showalter ("Tarantella")
- Nick Chinlund as Leo Taymor ("Last Grimm Standing")
- BJ Britt as Brian Cooney ("Last Grimm Standing")
- Titus Welliver as Farley Kolt ("Three Coins in a Fuchsbau")
- Jordi Caballero as Soledad Marquesa ("Three Coins in a Fuchsbau")
- Alan Smyth as Ian Flynn ("Three Coins in a Fuchsbau")
- Daniel Baldwin as Jordan Vance ("Plumed Serpent")
- Danielle Panabaker as Ariel Eberhart ("Plumed Serpent")
- Azura Skye as Robin Steinkellner ("The Thing With Feathers")
- Josh Randall as Tim Steinkellner ("The Thing With Feathers")
- Jessica Tuck as Catherine Schade ("Love Sick")
- Sebastian Roche as Edgar Waltz ("Cat and Mouse")
- Neil Hopkins as Ian Harmon ("Cat and Mouse")
- David Zayas as Sal Butrell ("Leave It to Beavers")
- Traber Burns as Robert Grosszahn ("Leave It to Beavers")
- David Clayton Rogers as Arthur Jarvis ("Happily Ever Aftermath")
- Amanda Schull as Lucinda Jarvis ("Happily Ever Aftermath")
- Tom Wright as Spencer Harrison ("Happily Ever Aftermath")
- Roger Bart as Konstantin Brinkerhoff ("Big Feet")
- Kenneth Mitchell as Larry Mackenzie ("Big Feet")
- Fulvio Cecere as Reynaldo ("Big Feet")
- Brian Tee as Akira Kimura ("Woman in Black")
- Scott Morgan as Nathaniel Adams ("Woman in Black")
- Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as Kelly Burkhardt ("Woman in Black")
Mentioned/Appear in Grimm Diaries onlyEdit
|Season One Episodes|
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|"Pilot"||Marc Buckland||David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf (teleplay)|
David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf
& Stephen Carpenter (story)
|October 28, 2011||6.56|
|Synopsis: Detective Nick Burkhardt is planning to propose. During an unexpected visit by his Aunt Marie, Nick learns that he is one of the last surviving members of the Grimm Family. A Blutbad strikes, killing a local college student and abducting a little girl. Nick learns that he and his family are the targets of creatures.
|"Bears Will Be Bears"||Norberto Barba||David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf||November 4, 2011||6.01|
|Synopsis: A young couple invade the home of a wealthy family for a little fun. They learn too late the the occupants are a family of Jägerbars. It is time for the rite of passage for the young Jägerbar and prey is required.
|"Beeware"||Darnell Martin||Cameron Litvack & Thania St. John||November 11, 2011||5.18|
|Synopsis: The station is abuzz as Nick and Hank are called to a case where an innocent flash mob results in a gruesome homicide. As Nick delves further into the investigation, he learns more about his unique family history, and finds himself at odds when he and Hank are assigned to protect a dark character from his recent past.
|"Lonelyhearts"||Michael Waxman||Alan DiFiore &|
Dan E. Fesman
|November 18, 2011||5.44|
|Synopsis: A Ziegevolk is abducting young women for the purpose of breeding with them. Nick Burkhardt and Hank Griffin become involved when one of the women escapes and is run over by an automobile. Meanwhile, another reaper comes to Portland seeking to avenge the death of Hulda.
|"Danse Macabre"||David Solomon||Jim Kouf &|
|December 8, 2011||4.09|
|Synopsis: Nick and Hank's investigation of a dead high school teacher leads them to the school's outcast, Roddy. Nick realizes that there's more to Roddy than meets the eye, and enlists Monroe's help to get through to the troubled teenager before he exacts revenge on the students who wronged him. Meanwhile, Nick learns that his presence is beginning to affect the creature world.
|"The Three Bad Wolves"||Clark Mathis||Naren Shankar &|
|December 9, 2011||5.43|
|Synopsis: After his house is destroyed by a suspicious explosion, Hap moves in with Monroe. With Hap nearby, Monroe has trouble restraining his wild side. Hap's sister, Angelina Lasser, seeks revenge on a Bauerschwein who continues the legendary battle of Pig vs. Wolf.
|"Let Your Hair Down"||Holly Dale||Naren Shankar &|
|December 16, 2011||5.16|
|Synopsis: A young Blutbad who was abducted as a child is found to have grown up and to be living as a wild woman in the woods near Portland.
|"Game Ogre"||Terrence O'Hara||Cameron Litvack &|
Thania St. John
|January 13, 2012||4.65|
|Synopsis: A Siegbarste escapes from prison and returns to Portland with revenge on his mind.
|"Of Mouse and Man"||Omar Madha||Alan DiFiore &|
Dan E. Fesman
|January 20, 2012||5.92|
|Synopsis: A Mauzhertz summons up an unusual amount of courage and goes on a killing rampage.
|"Organ Grinder"||Clark Mathis||Akela Cooper &|
|February 3, 2012||4.79|
|Synopsis: Geiers prey on the homeless of Portland, harvesting their organs. Nick wants to tell Juliette that he is a Grimm. Captain Renard gets a warning from the creature world.
|"Tarantella"||Peter Werner||Alan DiFiore &|
Dan E. Fesman
|February 10, 2012||5.30|
|Synopsis: Lena Marcinko is a deadly heartbreaker who is on a killing spree. Nick and Hank must find and stop her before another man becomes her victim.
|"Last Grimm Standing"||Michael Watkins||Naren Shankar & Sarah Goldfinger (teleplay)|
Cameron Litvack & Thania St. John (story)
|February 24, 2012||4.79|
|Synopsis: After some parolees go missing, Nick is drawn into a case with a Grimm twist; a creature fight arena. While helping out Nick, Monroe is captured and put into the ring, Nick is the only one who can save him.
|"Three Coins in a Fuchsbau"||Norberto Barba||David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf||March 2, 2012||5.30|
|Synopsis: A jewelry store is robbed and the owner killed, after he eats three gold coins. Nick notices that Harper, Hank, and Renard act strangely after having the coins in their possession. Nick learns something about his past and a link is made to history.
|"Plumed Serpent"||Steven DePaul||Alan DiFiore &|
Dan E. Fesman
|March 9, 2012||5.05|
|Synopsis: Two brothers try to steal copper from an abandoned warehouse. They have been beaten to the target by a Dämonfeuer and are burned alive for their trouble. When Nick Burkhardt investigates, Juliette Silverton is abducted to lure Nick into a confrontation.
|"Island of Dreams"||Rob Bailey||David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf||March 30, 2012||4.15|
|Synopsis: Nick & Monroe investigate the grisly murder of a Fuchsbau shop owner. Nick believes he has found an ally in the Wesen in his neighborhood; Sgt. Wu gets mixed up in a plan by Adalind to harm Nick through his friends.
|"The Thing With Feathers"||Darnell Martin||Richard Hatem||April 6, 2012||4.45|
|Synopsis: A weekend retreat with Juliette goes wrong when Nick investigates a domestic dispute she witnessed across the way from their cabin. As Nick gets closer to the truth, the truth of his Grimm secret may be exposed when Juliette is caught in the middle.
|"Love Sick"||David Solomon||Catherine Butterfield||April 13, 2012||4.96|
|Synopsis: Nick and Juliette join Hank for dinner, where Nick discovers Hank's mystery date is the same Hexenbiest who tried to kill Aunt Marie.
|"Cat and Mouse"||Felix Alcala||Jose Molina||April 20, 2012||4.56|
|Synopsis: Nick discovers that the suspect in his latest case is a freedom fighter trying desperately to escape the clutches of a creature bounty hunter. Meanwhile, Monroe and Rosalee hide the suspect in a string of murders from the creature bounty hunter.
|"Leave It to Beavers"||Holly Dale||Nevin Densham||April 27, 2012||4.33|
|Synopsis: As Nick delves into the trailer's weapons cabinet and his inner Grimm, the investigation of a dead construction worker leads him into a long-standing conflict in the creature world. Two reapers are dispatched to kill Nick.
|"Happily Ever Aftermath"||Terrence O'Hara||David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf||May 4, 2012||4.73|
|Synopsis: Nick and Hank are called to investigate the mysterious death of a wealthy matriarch, after her stepdaughter loses everything in a Ponzi scheme. Meanwhile, Juliette does some digging into the mysterious death of Nick’s parents in an effort to help him find closure.
Quote: "And they lived happily ever after."
|"Big Feet"||Omar Madha||Richard Hatem (teleplay)|
Alan DiFiore & Dan E. Fesman (story)
|May 11, 2012||4.45|
|Synopsis: After Juliette stumbles upon a brutal murder, Nick learns the suspected creature, and friend of Monroe, is suffering from a mysterious condition -- the inability to completely return to human form. This mysterious condition leads them to a therapist who’s created an artificial drug to suppress the creature side, with horrifying side effects. Meanwhile, the investigation takes a surprising turn when Hank sees something he can't quite explain.
|"Woman in Black"||Norberto Barba||David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf||May 18, 2012||5.10|
|Synopsis: As Nick delves deeper into his life as a Grimm, a trail of grotesque murders reignites the search for the elusive gold coins. The arrival of a mysterious woman in black begins to get in the way of Nick and Hank’s investigation as extra precautions have to be taken to ensure their safety. Meanwhile, Nick’s ability to keep his true nature secret from Juliette comes to a tipping point.
Season 1 was released on August 7, 2012 on DVD and Blu-ray. Both have 5 discs featuring all 22 episodes and come with a Wesen dictionary that has the names of each Wesen and the pronunciation.
|Set Details||Special Features|
|Grimm Season One|
|Episodes||"Pilot" • "Bears Will Be Bears" • "Beeware" • "Lonelyhearts" • "Danse Macabre" • "The Three Bad Wolves" • "Let Your Hair Down" • "Game Ogre" • "Of Mouse and Man" • "Organ Grinder" • "Tarantella" • "Last Grimm Standing" • "Three Coins in a Fuchsbau" • "Plumed Serpent" • "Island of Dreams" • "The Thing With Feathers" • "Love Sick" • "Cat and Mouse" • "Leave It to Beavers" • "Happily Ever Aftermath" • "Big Feet" • "Woman in Black"|
|Stars||David Giuntoli as Nick Burkhardt • Russell Hornsby as Hank Griffin • Bitsie Tulloch as Juliette Silverton • Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe • Sasha Roiz as Sean Renard • Reggie Lee as Wu|
|Recurring||Robert Blanche as Franco • Danny Bruno as Bud Wurstner • Claire Coffee as Adalind Schade • Sharon Sachs as Harper • Bree Turner as Rosalee Calvert|
|Wesen||Blutbad • Eisbiber • Fuchsbau • Hexenbiest • Hässlich • Schakal|
|Seasons||Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3|