- Use this page to discuss design and content changes to the main page. For general wiki discussion, please visit the Grimm Wiki Talk:Community Portal
Following an act of vandalism by an IP editor on May 20, 2012, I protected this page so that unregistered users could not edit. I hope that's enough.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 13:44, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Wikia said that calling a wiki a -pedia actually makes it fall on search engine lists. Don't know why...--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 21:46, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
Poll issues Edit
I noticed on the homepage today, that some of the poll info in in Spanish. I tried looking at the page's source code, but you can't edit the automatic info on the poll. I belive that the issue is in some template. Both the vote button (Vota!) and some basic info (La encuesta fue creada el 19:23 September 30, 2012, y hasta ahora 54 personas votaron) is in Spanish. If another poll is created, and the issue is in the template, anymore polls might be in Spanish.
Wow! Ya got me. I just looked at it and it's all English. If it's still like that, do a screencap and send it to Wikia through Special:Contact. (First you have to fight your way through all their canned answers.)
- Okay, well it looks like it's back to normal now. I wonder what happened? Maybe my browser got confused. If it shows up again, I send Wikia a message with a screen capture.
Wikia just implemented another "improvement" in format. As I type the display of the navbar on the navboxes is screwed up; I have at least one other wiki that's working fine. Arrgh! (Why aged bureaucrats age even more quickly.)--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 02:58, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
How long time we have used the same poll? I think it's time to make another one, isn't it? I suggest make it like, for example, "What is your favorite wesen of season 2?" or "About which character do you want to know more?", etc. LEODIX Contributions Talk to me! 23:27, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Good idea. I'm working on a borrowed machine right now and every thing seems to take longer. I'll work on it next week.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 17:31, November 23, 2012 (UTC)
- New poll up: "About which character do you want to know more?" I included all the stars and other regulars.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 20:50, November 29, 2012 (UTC)
I think we should either get a new background or add a couple of the main characters/Wesen to the current background
- I'd love to, but you may remember the version that one of the Wikia staffers came up with a while ago. Most of us were "unimpressed." Only an admin can change the background, but let's call this an open invitation for ideas.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 02:17, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
I'd be glad to add images such as some of the main characters and a couple Wesen... if someone cutout the images for me to add haha. I'm terrible at cutting out the background from images. 03:35, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
Annual Grimmy Awards 2012 Edit
We're kicking off a new annual event either today or tomorrow. Please stop by User:Roacher27/The Grimmy's if you get a chance this morning and help decide what categories we'll use by adding a tilde (~) next to any you don't like. Bob the WikipediaN (talk • contribs) 14:19, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- They're open now for voting: Grimm Wiki:Grimmy Awards 2012. Thanks to User:ElfieGirl and User:Roacher27 for inspiring this event! Bob the WikipediaN (talk • contribs) 03:40, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Hello my name is maria parker, and i wish to write my version of the grimm Fairytales if you don't mind.184.108.40.206 03:07, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Check your talk page.--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 03:23, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- This is not a blog page. You start a blog by going to the main page, scrolling to the bottom and clicking on the right end of the button that reads "Create blog post."--Jim in Georgia Contribs Talk 14:00, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Just go here. I suggest making an account too.
- Good catch. Fixed.
Nonfree media Edit
I'm going to start getting a lot stricter about nonfree media, both with the comic series and with the television series. Nonfree media is anything that has a copyright on it and cannot be used except in cases where we can justify "fair use". As a general rule, images of things happening should be avoided, no more than one image of a subject is needed in most cases, and whenever possible, images should be those that are most readily available to the public (such as cover art or promo images).
- So, no more screenshots of events in episodes?
- See Grimm Wiki:Fair Use Policy. The stuff in it is not stuff I made up-- it's actual laws. The stuff in the last section of that page isn't law, but it's stuff that Wikia editors generally agree upon for commercial series like this to prevent accidentally "giving the series away for free". Bob the WikipediaN (talk • contribs) 21:25, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
German Grimm Wikia Edit
Hallo, this is the German Grimm Wikia page: http://de.grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Grimm_Wiki
Please link us. --220.127.116.11 15:38, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
Poll ideas Edit
It looks like "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" is the runaway winner of the current poll, so it would probably be a good idea to start a new poll. Anyone have any suggestions?
- How about a "Returning Character" poll on who people want to see make a second appearance, List could include Holly Clark, Ariel Eberhart, Hanson and Gracie, Jarold Kampfer (with or without Carly Kampfer) , Vincent and Jocelyn, Reynaldo (we may even find out what he is), Ryan Gilko, Frank Rabe, Markus Hemmings, Roddy Geiger and Ian Harmon. I have only included people who are not incarcerated (Ariel is OK, since Nick thinks she is dead) and who have made only one appearance, so the Eisbibers and Seelenguter aren't included, nor people like Kelly Burkhardt. Dragonfighter1 (talk) 01:32, August 4, 2013 (UTC)